It was delicious. And so nice to look at, too. Both kids dove in. Sag didn't like it too much, but Gem kept at it, trying to get past how spicy it was for him. It was heartwarming for me to see how the kids have grown in their desire and ability to try a new food. I think the love and connection they feel for V had a lot to do with it last night.
When I make it, I am going to bring down the amount of aji and then build it up again as Gem's system adjusts to new levels of heat in his food. (Which is pretty much zero up till this point.)
I find the combination of cool foods with the heat of the aji amarillo (yellow chili peppers) intriguing. And inviting frequent revisitation. (The huancaína sauce and the causa are both served chilled.)
1 comment:
Whoa. She's cooking for you! Does she want to visits West Hartford?! ;)
Post a Comment