Tuesday, February 02, 2010

In the evening

Yesterday was a bit crazy in my head.  The days and nights of fullness (powered in part by the moon, perhaps) caught up with me.  I needed to cancel commitments, which never feels good, but push was coming to shove and our day (for my day inevitably is deeply rooted in the 'our') was made better for it.

Our outing to do the weekly food shopping began with eating lunch at the market.  It was that kind of morning.  One thing after another pushing our departure time further and further back.  Plus, we didn't have much food left in the kitchen.  Had I an extra hour, of sated bellies and peaceful mind, maybe I could have concocted something from the slim pickings of the pantry, or served white rice with gomashio and Bragg's yet again.  But, I didn't.

Our grocery shopping ended with Gem's voice ringing out in the check out area: "we came in under budget!"  A lovely grace note :-)

At the library we returned a bunch of books and then meandered around, including a stop at the music cds on the main floor.  We'd never been there before...one of the many great things about having a new family member...you literally enter uncharted waters :-)

Home again, the chore of unloading the groceries was lightened considerably by the many helping hands.  Having a teen to take the lead on something so seemingly small truly adds up.  Once the groceries were put away, I joined the kids out front.  Chilled on the computer for a few minutes listening to them Wii.

I really didn't want to make dinner.

But, I dragged my pretty-sorry-by-then ass back into the kitchen and did just that.

 
Simple, routine, spaghetti.  Thank you for grounding me.  And being so tasty.

 
Kelly's GF apple crisp.  Thank you for being just what I needed after dinner.   Delicious nourishment for the soul.

No comments: