Thursday, January 07, 2010

The Year of the Flood




I popped into the library today to drop off a cd and pick another one up.  A copy of The Year of the Flood, Margaret Atwood's latest, caught my eye.  Margaret Atwood rocked my world when I read The Handmaid's Tale...right around the time I started college, I think.  I loved it and was electrified by it.

These days, finding time...making time...to read is tricky.  I am much more likely to pick up a graphic novel or watch some tv at the end of my day.

Therefore, I'm not sure why I decided to borrow The Year of the Flood, but I did.  It has gotten great reviews, and turns out to be related to a novel of Atwood's called Oryx and Crake, which I read at Berkeley M's behest.

I linked to a NYT review of the novel written by Jeanette Winterson.  You can find that "In My Reading Basket" on the sidebar.

What are you reading/wishing you had time to read these days?

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Hope you find the time to read your book. I just picked up the book The Story of Edgar Sawtelle. So far I really like it. Of course I'm able to find time to read on my train ride to and from work.

shirley said...

I've heard of that book...can't remember how or why :-) Glad you're enjoying your book!