Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Speechless

I was at the computer at 1:24 this morning typing an apologetic e-mail to a friend whose house the kids and I were supposed to go to at 10am today. I had forgotten that Cap does table activities with the kids on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.

I have been discombobulated for weeks now, since starting Dragon's Way. Moving forward without overthinking...finding myself forgetting things and not doing things without a routine or rhythm.

It's okay...I guess. I don't want to label it good or bad, it just is. But, it makes me feel uncomfortable in some moments...untethered in others...in-the-moment in most...

Brings me back, full, truly to an unending circle of mine, to naturally considering a rhythm and routine as a solution...to smooth these moments out...the trick is to keep it authentic so that it doesn't veer into overthinkingland.



"Speechless" Weather Report

5 comments:

Julie_c said...

I am the queen of calenders and lists. I have the grand monthly calender and then I have a weekly that I fill out week by week with things from the grand calender. I also do my meal planning and make daily "to-do"lists on the weekly. It really helps to keep me on task for the week. I hate feeling like I have six balls in the air and only one hand.

shirley said...

Is it frikkin' old age or what? I feel like I have less brain cells...or that they are less flexible or "smart" :-) Like the schedule-y part of me has to rest while the on-schedule-y part of me shines for awhile... It *is* a lesson in letting go of the side of me that feels compelled to please everyone by never letting them down. And that is a good thing in terms of growing and learning. It's not the end of the world to bum someone out occasionally! Or better yet, it doesn't bum them out because they understand what it's like to forget stuff or double book or whatever...

Jamie said...

One of my favorite features on the iPhone is the Calendar. I know some people have a separate work and home calendar but I just keep the one calendar with both information. Every time the "activity/meeting" alarm goes off I think, oh yeah I'm supposed to be somewhere in 15 minutes.

Before the iPhone I use to create an Outlook calendar. Now you can use Google calendars which works pretty well. I like having a weekly and monthly view of my schedule to see what weeks are filling up and when I need to store more energy. It helps prepare my introverted self for what's to come. But the calendar is not set in stone, you can always delete and reschedule things!

Good luck finding your balance.

shirley said...

You bring up a good point for me. I haven't yet made the leap to a non-paper calendar, yet much of my communication happens via e-mail/online so it would make sense to have an electronic calendar.

I also haven't been able to bridge these information systems successfully...

Thanks, I'll take all the good luck I can get! :-)

Jamie said...

You should have iCal on your Mac. Maybe you can give it a try for a month and see how it works for you. Also, if you were ever to get an iPhone I believe you can easily sync iCal to your phone.