Friday, October 30, 2009

Park with Auntie Barbra

I've been noticing lately that the kids have eased into the "yeah, I live here" nonchalance that comes with feeling comfortable, as well as, a certain sense of ownership over one's surroundings.

Having moved so often this hasn't come easily for them. It makes me happy to see it now.

Gem spotted, well, a spot, on the water. He walked down for a closer look and we hazarded guesses as to what it was. It looked like a turtle's head, but it was absolutely still and looked inanimate.

Gem was able to see from water's edge a silhouette below the surface of the water that looked like the body of a turtle. Sag eventually joined Gem and pretended to swing the scooter into the water.

A moment later, the turtle bid a hasty retreat. There were only ripples on the pond where the spot had once been.







25+ years of friendship. What an amazing gift. Thanks, B.



Mercy. This light kills me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fremont live feed checking in...
I vote the berry picture into the hall of fame photo gallery. Glad to see our shadows..

love, me

shirley said...

The berry picture is growing on me after initially leaving me nonplussed.

I like our shadows pic :-)

My two faves (today) are the leaves in the puddle and the last one of Sag.

xoxoxo