I now have a running list of things I want to write about. But, am not finding the time to sit down and write. Maybe tomorrow. In the meantime, here is what's streaming by and through me.
So, he designated September 30 as Floater Day and concocted a special menu of the day: lemonade and breakfast sausage. Cap surprised them with a special Floater Day dessert (shown above): floater shaped peanut butter cookies.
That was Floater Day. I'm not sure if it will be expanded to include other celebratory activity next year...or if we will even be observing it. Time will tell.
This morning I spent some time in my local Social Security office. Waited 70 minutes and was helped in 15. I've been ensnared in some silly strands of bureaucratic bullshit that appear to have arisen out of other people's mistakes.
I bought some bread at Montclair Baking Company (one of the things I truly love about this town...which is a reflection of a greater beauty that exists here) and brought it over to Silke and Roger's. They were all back from Germany safe and sound. We hung out for awhile, but I had to come back and tag team with Cap so he could go play basketball.
I made a nice soup this afternoon. Scallion, garlic, ginger, fennel, carrot and zucchini. With homemade chicken stock, some water and a veggie bouillon cube. It got really caramel-ly because Andrea and I ended up talking for almost an hour when Sag knocked on her door to see how he could get some holes made in his mask so he can put a strap of some sort on it to keep it on his face. Quite a bit of the liquid cooked off, but, dang, it has an amazing texture to it now.
I'm off to make some meatballs for dinner and then to practice Qigong during the 5-7pm optimal window for practicing. It's gotten really chilly here! Holding off on turning the heat on... Hope you're having a good day/night. Peace and love.
4 comments:
Floater Day, funny and rather disturbing! Someday when the boys are much older they will have to watch the South Park episode with Mr. Hankey (the Christmas Poo).
Enjoy your night.
It's so random...
When they discover South Park, I think they're going to think they died and went to heaven.
Or they could watch Dr. Oz who loves to talk about poop and what it means to our health. Probably not as funny as South Park. :)
You're right, not as funny :-) And they already have me and Vinny talking to them about that!
Post a Comment