Friday, October 02, 2009

Quiet early morning alone

Cap and I have been sleeping out in the living room because our mattress liner is now residing in the dryer for its third day in a row. Personally, I like changing things up like that and have enjoyed sleeping in the pull-out bed.

When I woke at 6:30am, though, I realized that going to the computer, or practicing Qigong with the cd, were not possible without potentially waking the husband. So, I wandered into the kitchen.

It was lovely. An uninterrupted 90 minutes. I put away the clean dishes, utensils, pots and pans. I sautéed and braised eggplant (from Plympton), green pepper (from the farm), mushroom, scallion and garlic. I sautéed and steamed Swiss chard (from the farm) with garlic and pine nuts.

I had a breakfast of Dragons: warmed mango, the chard with pine nuts, and Cold Prevention tea (a Dr. Lu formulation) with honey and two capsules of Swimming Dragon herbs ( a cleansing formula for the end of this transition into Fall).

I washed the pots and pans and now have some veggies in the fridge for later today and beyond.

I turned my thoughts to the rest of the day: blogging, Qigong, Stephen Colbert at the library, our first playdate at Tiina's, the kids' appointment with Vinny, Youth Swim (which I think we're going to forego...Gem says he'd like some time to relax at home later), and Lukas and Owen coming over for dinner and the season premiere of Star Wars The Clone Wars on Cartoon Network.

These are some apples and pears from our fruit share this week. I will bring these with us to Tiina's. Along with some meatballs I made last night.


1 comment:

Julie_c said...

Was Stephen Colbert AT the library? If so, FUN!