Friday, September 18, 2009

Mama's magic fingers

I snuck into the kids' room past 8am this morning to get a picture. They were both still asleep and I wanted to document. There is just something so primally satisfying to me when they are asleep. It's a time of nourishment, rest, creativity, life.

It is extremely rare for them to stay asleep through the night and not come into the big bed at some point. And it was particularly meaningful to me this morning because I knew I had a hand (no pun intended :-) in the depth of their sleep.

Sag was having the two days after effect of having been to Vinny. I've been taking the kids to ease them through this change-of-season time. He has had a lot of "silly" energy when there, but this week he was able to have Vinny work on him more than last week. He dropped off to sleep quickly last night and slept like a rock. (He also had a blast playing chess last night visions of Harry Potter dancing in his head :-) It was the first day/night in weeks he didn't complain that his stomach hurt.

Gem came out to me last night while I was watching Community (which I liked, it has promise) and said his stomach really hurt, that he felt sick. He mentioned Tylenol. I took him back to his room and he snuggled in for a back rub. I massaged his back focusing on the areas on either side of his spine. Then did a quick massage of his butt/hips. I ended with a spinal massage rubbing each vertebra and the spaces between. He fell asleep peacefully and murmured that the pain was almost completely gone.

I need to remember this. That my fingers, my hands, and my energy are powerful. There's a beautiful energy in me, in each of us, that connects us and can be channeled. When we do, we slide right into the collective pool of universal well-being and balance. It is very healing.

4 comments:

jet said...

Good thing you didn't use the flash or they would have woken up!

I also had a massage last night and could have fallen asleep right after except I had to drive home. By the time I got home I had my second wind and now I'm wishing I had just gone to bed early. Wish I had a masseuse in my house...when are you visiting again :-)

Shannon said...

Cool ;-)

I felt so stupid the other day. My neck has hurt for two weeks, through many pills popped, and it was only the other day that I finally thought to actually stretch it out. It wasn't exactly a massage but magic fingers nonetheless. That day it felt better and the next day it was perhaps 95% cured of whatever has been hurting it for *weeks*.

Yeah, I need to remember these things too ;-)

mommychick said...

That's nice...you do have a beautiful energy in you! Thanks for the lovely reminder:-)

shirley said...

Jamie, I have thought that many times post-Vinny...to be able to sleep after bodywork is soooo nice.

Shannon, that is so cool that you realized you could try to heal yourself and that it worked. I'll try to remind you sooner next time ;-)

Thanks, Melody. We seem to be on the same wavelength quite a bit, don't you think? :-)