Coming home from co-op meal, Gem and I were chomping at the bit to get back to our knitting.
He fought through some fatigue and finished his hat. He was quite pleased.


And I finished my first sock! I made some funny mistakes along the way, like going straight from turning the heel to starting the toe, skipping the foot completely. Some minor slips here and there were left as is for posterity. Overall, it was pretty darn straightforward and intuitive.
The sock feels wonderful, by the way. The wool wraps the foot in instant warmth and springy cush. The fierce attraction to sock knitting is making more and more sense. I look forward to casting on the second sock!


Here's my deadline knit. For a special someone who is turning 7 in less than two weeks.
2 comments:
I love the photo of Gem. He looks a bit like a Christmas Elf. Such a great smile on his face. He did a wonderful job on his hat!
Your socks look beautiful. I think I can feel the warmth coming from them.
Great job by everyone!
A. Awesome sock!
B. Sag's scarf looks so great. He's going to love it.
C. I'd better get his present wrapped, eh?
Post a Comment