Cap made me a batch of salmon cakes this weekend. For breakfast, I heated a couple in a pan and then topped them with homemade olive oil mayo (still good, this stuff lasts a long time!) and Melinda's hot sauce. Nourishing.
(I had some popcorn last night...popped in coconut oil and drizzled with Kerrygold. A bit of Paleo off roading.)
Lana posted a video clip of a moment on Ocean Beach yesterday, over at the 60 Seconds blog. Watching it made me feel dead. In a good way, if that makes sense. Going to the beach when it's cold out is one of my most favorite things to do. Yet I have not done it in a long time. A very long time.
One way to fully live is to do the things that truly make you happy. I am not doing that. I am bogged down by my body, my temperament, my sensitivities, my thoughts.
This is a familiar song. I know I have felt this, recognized this, before. It is, I realize as I sit here in February, part of my seasonal "stuff". A partial shift awaiting completion.
Take a breath, prime the body...heave.
Other things that woke me this morning:
One way to fully live is to do the things that truly make you happy. I am not doing that. I am bogged down by my body, my temperament, my sensitivities, my thoughts.
This is a familiar song. I know I have felt this, recognized this, before. It is, I realize as I sit here in February, part of my seasonal "stuff". A partial shift awaiting completion.
Take a breath, prime the body...heave.
Other things that woke me this morning:
Peace and love.
No comments:
Post a Comment