Thursday, February 07, 2013

Thursday bits

Gem and I have some snow envy.  We'll probably get some here, but nothing like what is forecast for our original home.

Met Danielle for chat and eats this morning.  It was, as always, good to catch up.  We continued on to the bookshop where I picked out/ordered some kid birthday gifts. 

Heated up last night's pastured beef sliders and baked up some sweet potato (toaster) oven fries for the kids' lunch.  I love that they love sweet potatoes.  They pack a solid nutritious punch.

Common meal tonight was canceled so I'm making a kid favorite: pork chops (thanks to the freezer gods).  My learning curve with pork chops has been steep.  But, I am finally getting the hang of them and not drying them out too much.  This is the recipe I am following these days.  I sub the cornmeal with coconut flour so I can enjoy some bites, too.

This afternoon, I have my tea (Raspberry Earl) and new (library) book at my side...but meal planning and food shopping are on my mind.  The stores are going to be bonkers tomorrow.  It's going to be an early bird kind of day.


Peace.

No comments: