Sunday, May 06, 2012

Latte love


Kissing my latte while I gulp down my Dragon's Way herbs with them.  It's still kind of crazytown here in my head, but I'm plugging along.  Feeling accomplished for getting the week's food shopping done and staying within my mental budget.  Actual budget is not written yet.  Did start HSP book yesterday.  Entertained thoughts of spending one of the weekend days reading, just reading.  Not gonna happen.  After two days of bitter sugar withdrawal, yesterday was smoother.  Practicing Qigong about every other day.

Off to make some lamb stew (meat not Dragon-y but eating down food already bought is good) and some dinner chow for Gem.  We're celebrating my brother's birthday tonight in a sports pub in Queens.

My mind leaps ahead to next week wanting to plan and strategize away the "to do" items that overwhelm my landscape inside and outside of me.

Peace and love.

2 comments:

Susan Gurry said...

Caffeine and milk are allowed on Dragon's Way? (Me, I love a great cappuchino)....

is there a reference to Dragon's Way that you could give me?

Good luck on new eating!

shirley said...

Caffeine is okay, dairy is supposed to be out. Cutting white sugar out again last week was really tough so I allowed myself a latte a day to ease me through. Now that the sugar demon is under control I'll be easing off the lattes this week!

There is a Dragon's Way book, by Nan Lu, which you may be able to find through your library system. He also has a website called TCM World Foundation which you can Google for info.

Thanks! xo