Thursday, May 10, 2012

The ties that bind

Many of these are rooted in the sense for me...

I love weather days like today.  A chilly bite to the breeze, cloudy and windy and then sunny and bright.  Where in the world is it like this year round?


Normally, raspberries freak me out a bit.  I put one in my mouth and it feels all wrong.  I taste a smell when I eat a raspberry.  These berries were so velvety ripe and delicious that I got over my initial sensory dissonance and ate half of them in seconds.


I've been a bit worried about this bush.  It looks sparse and sickly compared to years past.  The blossoms are stunning in cloudy light.  That magenta...I love.


I could have sworn the tulip tree blossoms had already fallen.  Maybe this is a second harvest?


My mom likes thee flowers and I always think of her when I see them.  Pretty purple lovelies.

Sometimes the ties that bind come to me in the way someone uses words to weave a "sense"...as in common sense...living sense...emotional sense...universal sense...

From the maiden issue of Taproot:

Hold onto what is good
even if it is a handful of earth.
Hold onto what you believe,
even if it is a tree which stands by itself.
Hold onto what you must do
even if it is a long way from here.
Hold onto life
even when it is easier to let go.
Hold onto my hand
even when I have gone away from you.
---Pueblo verse

Peace and love.



No comments: