Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Puzzle

It was nice to have the windows open for a couple of hours but the humidity is insidious.  I have cranked the air conditioners up again and am typing while sweating.

The three of us have mostly been doing our own things this morning.  I practiced Qigong last night and this morning for about two minutes.  It's something, at least.  I also washed the kitchen floor.  But I've also been snippy.

: :    : :    : :

Anyway, here is a puzzle.  Gem and I have both noticed recently that there is mysterious...dustiness? appearing around the seam where the linoleum from the kitchen/vestibule "meets" the fancy stone lip of the bathroom door.  (I say "meets" because as you can see the linoleum is curling up.  And I say "fancy" because our apartment is most definitely shabby...not shabby chic, in most ways, so this stone lip is way out of place.)

At first, I just thought it was dust build up.  (And since I'm being honest, yes, I left it alone while my mind flitted onto the next thing.)  But something about it just struck me as weird.  So one day, I spritzed it with cleaner and wiped it up.


The next morning, there was more dustiness.  More than pictured below.  So I wiped it clean again.  The next day more dustiness.  So I wiped it clean again.  This morning, again, more dustiness (pictured below), though noticeably less.


Very curious.  I don't think it's a mouse because there are no droppings.  And there is no food in this area, at all.  (And where there is food, in the adjacent kitchen area, there are no droppings or anything out-of-the-ordinary to be seen.)  Yet, whatever it is, it's happening only in the dead of night.  I've wondered if it is dust that falls as the house "shifts" in the night.  It's an old house and there are three full grown adults and a big dog who live upstairs.

Any thoughts?

: :    : :    : :

Just Skyped with Cap and as were kissing our good byes I remembered that I dreamt about him last night.  And that when Gem woke me up this morning I felt like I was being ripped away from my dream and it was so unpleasant.

Another reason to explain my grumpiness.

And another reason to be grateful.  We've passed the halfway mark, here's hoping for some coasting the rest of the way.

: :    : :    : :

Oh my.  Time to fix another meal.

Peace and love.


No comments: