Thursday, May 31, 2012

Glory be

As the atmospheric pressure lifts, so do I.  It is palpable.  Windows have been thrown open and I practiced Qigong just a little bit more than yesterday morning (no great shakes yet, but one step at a time).


I was not surprised...yet was dismayed to see the nocturnal critter(s) was back in action again last night.  There has been some speculation about whether it might be termites which had not occurred to me.  Are termites more active at night/when there is less people activity going on?


Yesterday we had some mid-day drama courtesy of the almost 12-year old.  I think he is feeling the absence of his father in ways he cannot articulate.  He would say he is more attached to me, which is probably true, but he is much more like Cap and I think he is feeling the imbalance of being outnumbered in terms of household personalities.

We made it through and were rewarded with our planned trip to the comic book shop.  I splurged a bit and we picked up The Princess and The Dragon extension for Carcassonne (Jim, who was manning the register loves Carcassonne and was wonderfully attentive to Sag as they discussed some of the finer points of the game), the new Chip Kidd penned Batman graphic novel (he wrote one of the funniest novels I've read in the past few years The Cheese Monkeys) and, finally, a decent Pokemon card pack for me!




We chilled out before heading out in the evening for a quickish shop to Whole Paycheck which saved me the trip today.


After dinner it was showers, Skyping with Cap and the recently requisite episode of America's Funniest Home Videos before heading to bed to read.  And the excitement of a tooth finally coming out for Sag!

Today's learning at home will include:

• vacuuming the kids' room

• vacuuming the living room

• vacuuming the big bedroom

• cleaning the bathroom

• doing homework

•  playing Carcassonne

• going to the library

• hosting a potluck common meal

Off to breakfast...peace and love.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Hope it's not termites! Maybe it's ants or something less destructive.

I'm sure everyone will feel more themselves when Cap is back home.

Looks like you have a full day of learning at home today. At work today I think I'll be learning about dusting and then maybe a little bit of InDesign.

shirley said...

I loved reading what you thought you'd be learning today :-) Thanks, Jamie!