Saturday, March 03, 2012

Reading

So this is what it feels like to be reading again.  Last night, I read and read, pushing through tiredness to read just a few more pages...cozy in a pool of lamplight in an otherwise dark and quiet room.  No tv, no music, just me and my book.

I finished Last Night In Twisted River this morning.  I got to a point last night where I knew I wouldn't appreciate finishing the book because I was just...spent.  So after waking, chopping veggies and tossing them into the stock pot with our last pastured chicken, loads of cold filtered water and a couple of splashes of apple cider vinegar, I settled into the red chair and read.

It was an amazing book.  Masterfully rendered.  Diverse settings and characters brought to vivid life, a story so dense, yet ever flowing and truly moving.

I've updated my list, five down, twenty (or more) to go!

1 comment:

Julie_c said...

I think you were wise to wait until you were refreshed to really appreciate the ending. I love a good ending. I often re-read the last few pages two or three times to let it really sink in.