It's a new show on Comedy Central. We have been enjoying it thoroughly. It's solidly good with flashes of brilliance like this skit. I think you can watch most/all of the episodes on YouTube or at Comedy Central :-)
Thanks. I only have basic cable (local channels) but I did purchase a Roku. Currently, I'm doing the trial version of Hulu Plus and then I'll try the Netflix trial and see what I like. Maybe I can find this on Hulu Plus.
Did you get that it's imagining the toddler as being Forest Whitaker, the actor? So the "baby" is spouting dialogue in the style of Forest Whitaker and the kinds of movies he's been in (cryptic/mysterious/dark).
It still might not be funny to you, even if you got that. I like this kind of obscure and "meta" humor :-)
I totally did not get that....and I only have seen Forest Whitaker in one movie and I forget the name but it was about the IRA and a transvestite.....at least I think it was Forest Whitaker! I just thought this mom named her kid Forest and that he was acting oddly....It;s funny how humor is experienced so differently by people! Thanks for the explanation..
6 comments:
Never heard of this show but I really got a kick out of the clip while sitting on the train this morning.
It's a new show on Comedy Central. We have been enjoying it thoroughly. It's solidly good with flashes of brilliance like this skit. I think you can watch most/all of the episodes on YouTube or at Comedy Central :-)
Thanks. I only have basic cable (local channels) but I did purchase a Roku. Currently, I'm doing the trial version of Hulu Plus and then I'll try the Netflix trial and see what I like. Maybe I can find this on Hulu Plus.
I have never watched this show and only know about it through you. But, I do not get what is funny about this skit....?
Did you get that it's imagining the toddler as being Forest Whitaker, the actor? So the "baby" is spouting dialogue in the style of Forest Whitaker and the kinds of movies he's been in (cryptic/mysterious/dark).
It still might not be funny to you, even if you got that. I like this kind of obscure and "meta" humor :-)
I totally did not get that....and I only have seen Forest Whitaker in one movie and I forget the name but it was about the IRA and a transvestite.....at least I think it was Forest Whitaker! I just thought this mom named her kid Forest and that he was acting oddly....It;s funny how humor is experienced so differently by people! Thanks for the explanation..
Post a Comment