Thursday, February 02, 2012

Highlights


Cap received copies of his new book, hot of the press!  You can pre-order it at Barnes and Noble, or better yet, through your local indie bookstore.  We are, as ever, so proud of him.  A book!  So cool!


The kids are both in the midst of measuring units in Math.  For Sag, the investigating veered into Science as he played around with displacement.


I am pleased.  Ends have been woven in and a padded envelope secured and addressed.  The cowl will be on its way to Lana tomorrow.  She lives in SF and needs something cozy to keep her warm in her apartment.  If you've ever lived in the Bay Area, you know what I mean.  (That's Gem in the background.)


Had a touch of insomnia the past two nights.  Return of another pre-sugar- and grain-free symptom.  I think the lamb dish at the Turkish place Sunday night definitely had gluten in it.

Anyhoo, I had a lovely hour this morning running errands with the car and without the kids.  Picked up Man On Wire at the library (and did not pick up a latte to go for $4).  My friend, Bridget, is starting up a Documentary Club.  Perfect for me since I'm hoping to watch a documentary a month this year.

Picked up Going Bovine at the bookshop.  I had a pang of regret at the library the other day when I saw a copy in the YA room I was perusing for the first time looking for books for the kids.  (They grow so fast, sniff sniff, blah, blah, blah.)  But once I held the book in my hands while paying for it?  No regrets.  It was gift money well spent.  The kids were both intrigued and tickled by the cover when I got home, too.

I had some "doh!" moments this morning...continued ADDishness.  But, I had the luxury of my own time so I just kept going.  Back towards the library to stop into the yarn store.  I needed needles for a new project.

Then strolled to the truly indie toy shop (the other two toyshops in town are indie, too, but are franchises) for a gift card for a friend celebrating a birthday today.  (Original plan was to get him one to the bookshop.)

On my way back to the car, I passed the other yarn shop in this part of town.  I peeked in and found some Noro I had never heard of before!  Kogarashi.  Very yummy.

All this is to say that it's been a much more energizing day than I anticipated.  The second day of my period is usually a brutally exhausting affair.  I've had my moments, but overall, it has been quite a productive and clear-minded day.

I've called the Museum and spoken to the program director about our concerns with the class Sag is taking, I picked up a hard copy of my lab results from the doctor's office, I cashed a birthday check and ordered another of my 2012 books (kiitos Mummu!)  I made some lamb burgers.  Delish.  (I always forget to include the vinegar and always sub some kind of herb for the parsley I never seem to have on hand.)

Peace and love...off to commune some more with the kids, fold laundry, fix dinner, knit some and read some.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Awesome, congrats to Cap on the book!

shirley said...

Thanks Shannon!!

JET said...

Awesome! So wonderful that his hard work is finally in print!!