Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pencil bouquet

The cleaning continues.  The kids are working on their catch all dresser top, I am working on the desk/computer table.  Cap's working hard for our money.



Our artists use their pencils down to the nubs.  Once or twice a year I clean out the pencil and pen drawer tossing the ones that are no longer usable.  My brain actually likes this kind of work.  It's a nice respite from the type of cleaning I don't like.  (ie. figuring out places for the things that don't have one and have cluttered whatever space they are occupying.)

I am trying to peacefully let go of the pangs of guilt I have tossing these pencil nubs.  If I were some crafty maven I bet I'd find some use for them.  Back in the day I used to keep junk like this, bagging it and stuffing into a corner somewhere.  "Some day I will find a use for this," is what I used to say to myself.  A mutation of childhood memories of my mom shunning waste of any sort.  My mom who came of age in post-war Japan.

There is also my attraction (because of this mutated belief system?...maybe, I'd never thought of it that way...) to things/ways of "old".



Back to our quiet cleaning Sunday.

Peace and love.

No comments: