Monday, July 25, 2011

Summer upstate

























5 comments:

JET said...

OMG, what an awesome place! I didn't realize they were near a big lake. Looks like a great hike up the mountain.

shirley said...

The lake is about a 15 minute drive from their place, maybe a skosh longer. It's a great state park called North South Lake.

Haha, true confession, the "hike" was very short from the car to where we had our picnic lunch. Nice views though, right? :-)

The park is enormous and incredibly well maintained. You could drive from spot to spot depending on what you wanted to do: camp (which we didn't), swim, canoe, hike, picnic, etc.

It's a great area of the state and we're so lucky to be able to explore it with them!

Shannon said...

Ohhhhhhhh, so cool!

Crumbolst said...

Thanks for taking photos. I had so much fun that I forgot to take some of my own. -Mike

shirley said...

Thank you for being such generous and welcoming hosts! We had a great time and many happy memories were made :-)