Rare experience today. Awoken in the throes of a dream by an alarm clock. My own clock. In these months of insomnia, in particular, the shock was not unwelcome.
The dream was intense though not nightmarish. I was trying to get somewhere...with Diane, I think, and we kept going in the wrong direction despite consulting a map several times during the process.
In an hour, I will be dropping off Sag at Danielle's and driving Gem and myself to the dental clinic. I have a "thing" about driving to a place I have never driven before. (I used to have Cap drive out to the location of a new job with me the night before said job was to start.) If we had driven to the clinic last night, I probably wouldn't have had the dream I did :-)
Off to wake the children, make some oatmeal, pack a GFCF lunch and snacks for Gem...all while aware that the big work today will be done by Gem. He is quite nervous about the 'not knowing' how it is all going to go, what it will be like, etc. (Baby tooth extraction.) The iPad will help once we're in the waiting room. We'll be walk-ins so who knows how long we'll be there.
Peace and love.
4 comments:
Good luck to Gem. I hope you don't have to wait too long. It's the waiting that's the worst part when you just want to get it over and done with.
Good luck! Why is it a walk in? Did he bang it or something?
Good luck at the dentist - one of my least favorite places to be.
Wait time was mercifully short...we were out of there in about an hour.
It was great being somewhere where they've pretty much seen everything. I think they were surprised at how rigorously he fought given his age and disposition (before they tried to do anything which was uncomfortable/painful).
He fought his best, but my determination to get through it with him and conviction that he would be fine afterward, combined with the calm skills of the team of three that ended up being required, won over his shrieking and desperate resistance.
He has a new Warriors book, some new Sonic e-comics and we had sushi for lunch. We're not back to "all good" yet, but he is better than he was before (good bye infected tooth and good bye nervous anticipation...yes Jamie, the waiting is tough, he had a hard time last night before falling asleep) and he says he is "okay" :-)
Thanks all for your good wishes.
Oh, Shannon, we were a walk-in bc though this wasn't a dire emergency, it was an emergency bc of the infection. This is how they schedule you if you can't wait for the first available opening (which wasn't till the first week of August).
Big props to the staff at this place, mostly residents in dentistry. They did a great job. They didn't blink an eye when I asked to schedule a regular appointment to see about sealants (which he has needed to get for over a year but we haven't found a dentist who can work with him)!
Post a Comment