Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Enjoy the silence

So...yesterday was the first day in a long while that I didn't post anything.  Perhaps a signal of the quiet shutting down that accompanies the approaching Winter Solstice and season in the northern hemi.

Don't do more during this time (hard, I know, in this culture we live in), do less.  Much less.  Allow yourself to rest and relax and reflect.  Let go of the stress of perceived needs and uncover the true ones.  You may be surprised by how few these are...how doable...how peaceful.

Enjoy the silence...

2 comments:

Julie_c said...

November is a mad rush for me, but I do try to take it down a few notches in December and really enjoy the season. I got all my boxes sent out yesterday and that is such a load off my back. Now i try to set aside some reading/cocoa time each day. Ahhh...cocoa.

shirley said...

Reading and cocoa time sounds GREAT! :-)