Keep breathing, keep moving. The snow falling at the moment is inspiring. Beautiful.
Plowed through lots of numbers yesterday...worked till about 1 am. In the end it was scary. Despite more awareness I managed to overspend (meaning spending over what was coming in) by $11K over the course of 12 months.
Today I will formulate a budget based on the categories and the type of spending that is our/my pattern/habit. I am concerned to realize that our savings has been decimated...and that what's in the savings account now is quite "soft" since it is likely all going to the tax man. I just hope we have enough for the tax man when the time comes. Gulp.
I am not fearful. There is a cleansing aspect to knowing the truth and facing it. To changing your reality without judgment, but with purpose.
As you can see behind me (in the photo), there is some rearranging happening. I had some visions for a new bedroom and Cap did the lifting, heavy and heavier. It feels good in there and the potential for light and air and space in a different way makes me feel lighter.
There is work to be done. Clearing out some old and making way for some new.

2 comments:
You are inspiring me to clean up and make a budget, lol!
Hang in there ;-) If you want inspiration, google Dave Ramsey. He's religious, but not overly so (at least, he doesn't bug this atheist, but he's way too religious for Robert so YMMV). But he's very inspirational with the whole budgeting thing. I got his books free from the library and there are forums and blogs that help too.
My problem is money got really tight for various reason so I dropped the budgeting which is the OPPOSITE of what you should do. I think it was Ramsey who said the less money you have, the more important it is to make sure it's going to the right place and not being squandered! But I panicked and felt sorry for myself and just threw it all to the curb.
So thanks for re-inspiring me ;-)
Man...I hear you on the panicking and throwing it all to the curb. I have been there. Many times :-)
God, look at that picture of me, I look hag-ish!!!
I e-mailed my dad an update bc I wasn't sure how much time I was gonna have with him tomorrow when we see my family.
He called me a few minutes ago and was really impressed with how far I had come from the HORRIBLE convo we'd had over Thanksgiving.
That made me feel better. Mostly bc he can be more comfortable that I am not completely unhelpable.
Sigh. It's such a process Shannon...life-long, woman, life-long...
Post a Comment