Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Wakey wakey



Jumped awake at 4:45 just missing the P train. Lay back again in the dark and relaxed until I realized I might as well get up.

Jostled the children awake for a trip to the airport. Time again for Cap's (annual) "big" reading conference.

We determined east by the yellow tint to the lightening band on the horizon.

The air outside bit through their thin layers of cotton, a hole busted open at the knee of Sag's pajama pants.

We saw a man selling papers on a highway overpass. The children discovered a new occupation.

Sag became more aware that human life occurs while it is still dark outside.

They opted to stay awake once we were home. And are quite awake.

I'm easing in with a warm breakfast, warm tea, and a warm oldie.

1 comment:

Julie_c said...

What's the P Train? Did someone wet the bed?