Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Turn


Yesterday, when this picture was taken, I was in my Air element.  (I took it because I thought my hair looked really good and realized it was probably because I had used an old Kiehl's conditioner sample because we're out of conditioner...sometimes you really do get what you pay for...though Cap saw no difference in how my hair looked...)

It's been slightly off, how I've been feeling.  Not uncomfortable, but ungrounded.  My attention to down-to-earth daily activity went out of focus and instead I flitted from one thing to another, out of routine and somewhat out of my body...out of my mind...I'll call it disruption between mind and body.

This morning,  I woke with my period starting.  I peed and shuffled into the kitchen (last night's Thai iced tea a not-quite-distant entity in my system...kept me up till 2) and took out ingredients for bread from the fridge and set them out on the table to warm to room temp.  I sat at my desk, looked out the window and saw faces on the houses I've been seeing not that way for years.  The children and Cap were up already and involved in (home) industry.

The Sun.  The Sun's light is bright and beautiful this morning.  The days are now beginning to grow.  I can feel it.  It feels good. I feel less Air-y. Grounded by the Sun's light and the Earth upon which I stand.

An excerpt from a Robert Wyatt's Sea Song:

You'll be different in the spring, I know
You're a seasonal beast like the starfish that drift in with the tide
So until your your blood runs to meet the next full moon
You're madness fits in nicely with my own
Your lunacy fits neatly with my own, my very own
We're not alone


2 comments:

Jamie said...

Lovely picture...and your hair looks very nice!

shirley said...

Thank you, dear ♥