Tuesday, December 15, 2009
I can't get enough
Waiting for the bread to cool at 11pm. I've been making this bread nearly every day since last Monday when I turned out the first loaf from the bread machine. Yesterday I mixed up a big batch of the flour blend to have on hand because I will be making this nearly every day, perhaps until I draw my last breath.
It's that good. You know what's even better than the bread? The utter joy of Sag's whole being when he eats the bread. He LOVES it. He has proclaimed it the greatest bread ever. He keeps saying, "and we know how to make it so we can have it whenever we want". There's something so pure and sweet about that statement...the solidness of the belief and purpose behind the words.
What you may not understand is this: when you've been eating bread that comes into your house frozen, from a factory (a relatively small operation, but still, mass produced), biting into and chewing soft bread with loads of flavor and a sweet, yeasty aroma...it's like coming home. It's like walking into paradise. It's like tumbling into an awesome embrace.
(Julie, I'm sorry! I will try to shut about the bread now. This late night loaf has caught me in a weak moment. Please forgive me my rhapsodizing.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"Sweet, yeasty aroma" - just gotta rub it in, don't ya. ;)
Post a Comment