I'm also noticing the challenges of eating at regular times of the day. I still don't often feel a true physical hunger. What I do sometimes feel is that hypoglycemic crashing when suddenly if you are somehow getting between me and my frantic food preparation, I will bite your head off.
Generally, I don't follow a schedule. This morning, I dove into paperwork catch up and was very productive for a couple of hours. A lot of odds and ends were taken care of. But, I had thought I was going to spend the morning cooking. So when the crash hit, I went tailspinning into the kitchen.
My mind went to the old standby. Eggs would be quick and filling and satisfying, it thought. But, my body, led by my eyes, grabbed the watermelon and put a small pan of water on the stove to boil.
Then my mind started talking: "rich foods in the morning". And I reached for the pine nuts. The delicious, so expensive pine nuts (to be fair, I know I will get much more bang for my buck eating pine nuts compared to, say, a steak or some other "expensive" food). I toasted a handful of those.
And though I still feel a hum of nervous energy beneath my skin, everything is okay. My body is insisting on healing itself and is kindly accommodating my pace and circumstances.
I am planning on practicing between 11:00 and 1:00 (a recommended time period). Off to take a shower and then drive Cap up to work. I will practice after the kids and I get back. Then we'll have our Floater Day lunch (more on Floater Day later) and I have an appointment with Vinny at 3:00. Dinner at Donna's tonight.
A day full of good stuff. Lucky girl. Truly.
3 comments:
You know, that's me too. A lot of the time I don't feel hungry, I go right to "damn, why am I biting everyone's head off?"
What is with that? It's annoying.
It is annoying...and guilt-inducing.
I mentioned it to Vinny and he suggested trying to push through the bad mood with breathing exercises to see if I am truly hungry, or if it's my mind/conditioning suggesting I'm hungry.
I'll let you know what I learn! :-)
I'm so curious as to what a "Floater Day" is.
Post a Comment