Monday, December 22, 2008

On the needles

I'm beginning to understand the reality and challenge of "knitting for myself".

I'm working on Danielle's baby blanket (which feels like it's going to take weeks), and now, suddenly, two more knits for others.

One is for Wednesday night. We're doing a "green" holiday gift exchange with our co-op dinner gang and I am knitting my person something with yarn from my stash. The other gift is for someone who has been on my short list of friends/family to knit for, especially since I recently found a great yarn which screamed her name in the sale basket at a LYS.

She got booted up to "now" when I heard that she found out her mom has cancer. Sad and terrible news. A lot of hope and love are being knit into this piece.





My honey. Taking a break from grading to go run some errands and gather us some dinner food.

No comments: