Sunday, December 14, 2008

Finding personal peace

Gem made his own Ugly Doll.

Baxter asleep amidst quite a bit of activity around him.

A secret Christmas gift handmade by Sag and now under the tree.

Star from Karen.

Moon from Cambridge.

Winged woman from Ben.

A bit of tension, though so much less than in years past, is natural at this time of year I guess. Moments like these, photographed above, help me refocus on the positive, the warm, the good.

After some fretting about the cost, our New Year's cards are ordered. It's a nice card which I think will please many. There are three pics instead of one. And there are images of us, not just the kids.

I forewent the decorating of the tree this afternoon so I could shop without the kids. I had some success. Mostly at the bookstore where I found some delightful books for nieces and nephew.

Cap is now feeling unsure about the new computer which is stressing me out. I'd like it to be our Christmas present to ourselves, as a family (care of the economic stimulus check). I'm just in a place where I want to be checking things off my list rather than taxiing around a decision.

I did go to a lovely baby shower brunch this morning at a local breakfast/lunch place I'd never been to. The food was really good. The conversation was nice, too. I always appreciate a gathering of women who are comfortable discussing menopause, circumcision, and academia, among other things, at a baby shower.

I want to go to sleep. And I will. But, the kids are pretty wide awake, in my bed.

2 comments:

Unschoolers Rock the Campground said...

I am head over heals for that ugly doll!

shirley said...

I'll tell him :-)

He likes sewing...something we probably wouldn't have discovered this early in his life had it not been for the Waldorf exposure.