Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Common meal


We hosted a quiet, lovely common meal tonight that turned out to be us and Silke, Roger and Lukas.  I made the turkey meatballs yesterday because meatballs taste even better the day after and they were scrumptious.  I defrosted and reheated the butternut squash soup I'd made for the last time (we had to cancel), tweaked it with some grade B maple syrup and it was hearty and comforting.  Cap made corn bread and used coconut sugar so I could eat it.  For dessert, I served the granola and latest batch of oatmeal cookies.  Both were hits.

I took Gem to the doctor this morning to get tested for strep (it was negative).  He's feeling a little poopy, Cap is fighting a cold, and I may or may not be.


Sag was raring to go to gymnastics so that's where we were this afternoon.  He loves it, which provides a primal and passionate motivation.  But, it is not easy for him and his efforts and perseverance take my breath away every time.  Here he is on his nemesis, the rope.  I was never able to move up a rope as a child (or a teen...or an adult).  He hasn't yet, but I think he will, in due time.

Peace and love.

No comments: