Thursday, October 31, 2013

Catching up: the natural world





These four shots are from around the house.  I appreciate all the seasons, but Autumn is my favorite.  I find the drowsing of the Earth quite beautiful.  The way the colors fade, how what is underneath, the bones of our matter, are exposed...  How simultaneously new underneaths are created and precious parts are given shelter.  How surges of life can give us delirious hope amidst the chaos of entropy.




These three shots are from a walk the kids and I took in a local park.  It was early morning but the light felt like late afternoon.  The slant of the world discombobulates.



These two were taken around the library.  Glancing fascinators.

Peace and love.

1 comment:

Susan Gurry said...

The fact that you pay attention to the details of the season makes me realize that I don't. And should. And can. I think of the seasons in 'lumps'....summer, I love, spring, I like, fall and winter, I don't.

I am going to try to look at some of the details of my surroundings today!