Friday, October 11, 2013

Whoosh

Wow.  Today flew.

I/we've been sleeping later into the morning as we combat the cold virus in our midst which has not gotten bad, but is hovering.  This accounts for some of that "lost time" feeling for me.


A chunk of the day was spent across from Gem has he grappled with mathematics.  This shot is from a pee break.  It was a tough afternoon for him.  I realized he was not working as independently as I thought he was...and he is beginning to realize the pains of truly hunkering down and paying attention to details...all the details.


I took Sag to Vinny's with me today.  One of his gymnastics classmates sat on his hand, hard, this week, accidentally, and I wanted to nip any damage in the bud.  Here I was waiting for him to get out of the car, he was very nearly at the end of a chapter and wanted to finish.

"our house" all-purpose flour mix
1 cup brown rice flour
1/3 cup potato starch
1/3 cup tapioca starch
1/3 cup arrowroot starch

I am feeling ridiculously pleased with myself for "figuring out" a new all-purpose flour blend for our household.  This works well for pizza crust, so far.  As soon as our order of sweet rice flour hits the front porch, I will sub that in for the brown rice flour.  I'll let you know how it goes with various recipes as I make them.

Peace and love.

No comments: