Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Warm wool

This shawlette was finished over a year ago...at least. Actually, it has been waiting to be blocked for probably closer to two or maybe even three years. Time can be weird that way. I simply do not accept time as purely linear. In a case such as this, it would just be too painful.

I'm wearing an unusual get up today because both my bras are being laundered. My go to in this situation is what I think of as a dancer's top. It's a leotard-y tank. The 3/4 sleeve cotton cardi was not cutting it against the morning chill.

I had already prompted Gem to keep his neck warm as he headed out this morning with his brother and father, handing him a cozy scarf. It has become that time of year.

The shawlette caught my eye when I grabbed his scarf out the "hat box". Throwing years of non-action to the wind, when I felt the chill myself, amidst math figures and the latest spit bubble wonders, I placed this beauty upon my shoulders.

And once more was reminded of the magic of wool. Of fiber art. Of how it all connects and comes together.

Warmly. Absolutely. Incredibly. Simply.

Peace and yarny stitches.

1 comment:

JET said...

Very pretty. Unfortunate for me, wool=itchy. But I do have a beautiful cotton scarf I will be pulling out soon :-)