Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Boom

Haha, the photos uploaded crazy big, but I was quite delighted to post my last post from my luxe phone.  Posting musings and pics from a cabin in the woods.  Yay for small first world pleasures.

The tumbling, joyful, chaotic energy and activity of Fall continues.  In retrospect, I am really glad I took that California holiday.  I didn't realize how far reachingly nourishing it would turn out to be.  I was initially distracted by the jet lag.

The kids are due back any moment so it's bullet-time:

• Homeland.  Watch it.  The best thing to come to the boob tube since Arrested Development.  Both shows inform their genres (schools them clobberingly, really, on what is clearly possible) and then bust out of them, lifting us all to a transcendent place of...tv heaven.

• Dragon's Way: class has been awesome.  uplifting.  nourishing.  the food shift is going slow but is happening.  the practice shift is happening only a bit faster, but is, importantly, happening.  it feels like an organic part of my current process.

• nothing says "let's bang out some holiday cards!" like a weekend in foliage country.

• stuff is getting rassled up.  been taking my Chinese herbal sleep aids the last couple of nights.

• craft fair Friday, Halloween next week.  handmade takes time...eek!

• Louis C.K. with my honey this weekend.

• in less than a month Sag turns 11.  oh my.

• I have a ton of photos to process from the weekend (I took about 400!)  here is one I love that did not make the cut for our card because as Gem observed, "I have an eye patch".


Peace and love.

1 comment:

JET said...

Glad you are enjoying your new toy, as I am digging the photos it's been taking. I was thinking the family photo would be a good one for a holiday card.