This is a Siberian cat. 75% of cat allergy sufferers do not react to this breed of cat. I am beginning to research cats, as in, might there be a cat out there for us? Gem's interest in cats, and having one, have not only not waned in the last year, but his passion has been contagious. Sag is now interested in having a kitty of our own and I, a dog person through and through, am thinking it might be very nice to have a feline join our brood. Gem and I are both allergic so the search is on for a "hypoallergenic" kitty. It turns out, what causes the allergic reaction is an enzyme in the saliva. The Siberian, and a few other breeds, produce significantly less of this particular enzyme. I love the look of this kitty. Purr.

3 comments:
It would be good if you could find a place that has one of these cats and hang around it for an hour or so to see how you and Gem react. It's a very pretty cat. And the photo of the puppy yesterday...OMG, I just wanted to cuddle him myself! I loved having pets as a kid. And as much as I don't enjoy being woken up at 3:30am by Maya, I do love my kitty.
That puppy was seriously beyond cute...killer cute.
Yes, if/when we do get to that point, we will most definitely need to spend some time with the kitty to make sure we don't react.
xo
I'm all for having a cat - just keep in mind that the long hair cats shed a lot. A lot.
Dizzy wasn't a long hair, but she was a shedder. I always had to clean me clothes off b/c we left the house. Java, on the other hand - not a big shedded. I never see cat hairs on my clothes. Or maybe I'm just so used to it that I don't notice it anymore.
Just keep that in mind. But I hope you find a pet that fits beautifully into your family.
Post a Comment