I love honey.
On my second to last day in Barcelona, I had to bow out of a day trip to Girona with Eva and Barbra because my period had very unexpectedly decided to drop by. I knew instinctively, to my bones, that I needed rest. Barb took off before 9am and I relaxed in bed for a long while...playing games on the iPhone, listening to music, snacking on Spanish ham and olives and chocolate bark, day dreaming...
By afternoon I was feeling up for a break and met Mitsi for lunch. We had pizza (white with spinach) and pasta (puttanesca) at a favorite spot of hers and then strolled and shopped and paid a visit to Santa Rita (the patron saint of Impossible Things) who was being feted that day.
It was a lovely time and I was so happy for it.
One of the things I bought that day was local honey. A couple of weekends a month there is a market that sets up in Plaça de Pi and there, a friend of Mitsi's sells honey. His recommendation that sunny Sunday was the Mel de Romani, the first of this year's harvest. It's lighter in color than what I usually prefer, but his enthusiasm was persuasive so I purchased a small jar.
This morning, I opted for green tea to restore (been drinking a lot of juice and agua con gas that last few weeks). I reached for the rosemary honey from Catalunya and dropped a dollop into my mug.
Wow. Very full-bodied...and sweet in the...gentlest of ways. Lovely. Just like the afternoon I bought it.
No comments:
Post a Comment