Friday, June 10, 2011

Turning it up to eleven


It's been a bit like Christmas morning here...Sag has been up since 4am unable to tame his excitement.

Gem is 11.  Very interesting how 10 is such a milestone year, but 11 feels...exponentially "more".  My 11 year old woke me with the gentlest of kisses.  Any kiss is a rarity from him.  My day was made sometime before 7am as I rose into consciousness through pure love.

A lucky being am I.

Happy birthday to my Gemini...may life continue to unfold for you as you unfold to it...with calm curiosity, unerring certitude in truth and justice, a gentle touch, a generous dose of tolerance and the laughter that streams out of you like an effervescent melody...the sweetest snippet of song I have ever known.

4 comments:

Lisa Zingzap said...

Happy Birthday to your Gem and Happy Birthing Day to you! I hope you all get to revel in the enjoyment together.

shirley said...

Thank you, Lisa...it's going to be a free and easy day ending with dinner out at his new favorite sushi place :-)

JET said...

What a wonderful way to wake up in the morning.

Happy Birthday to Gem!! Every time his birthday roles around I think of when he was little and I use to come to the school to babysit. I would rock him (or what I call bounce up and down) to calm him and eventually he'd fall asleep in my arms :-)

shirley said...

I love being reminded of that time he had with you...your love and care are encoded in his baby memory DNA :-)