Cap is on the board of the library. Which seems impossible until I remember that we are no longer 25 and that he has a professional life and presence that extends to things like the larger community. This weekend, the library is putting on a fund raising event called The Little Read. Cap will be reading two books tomorrow up by Watchung train station.
The Little Read was kicked off this morning at the main branch of the library by my biggest celebrity in town: Stephen Colbert. He was down-to-earth and funny and read one of my favorites: The Story of Ferdinand.
Here are my shots from this morning. Our play date was canceled so we're home. Keeping us busy: Qigong, The Indiana Jones Ultimate Guide (scored at the library...sweet!), the DS, and chores and more chores.
Oh, and go here to see why Stephen Colbert will forever be my hero.
4 comments:
I don't believe I've ever read The Story of Ferdinand (doesn't even sound familiar to me).
I think The Little Read was a great fund raising idea. I hope the kids also enjoyed the reading.
They did. Honestly, most kids will quiet and engage when someone is reading out loud to them. They hadn't had this book read aloud to them in years...they were both transfixed.
Oh, and you would love this story, Jaim. We have it, you can read it next time you come over :-) Sag was asking if you were coming for his birthday...
Ste-phen...Ste-phen...Ste-phen!!!
~B
Post a Comment