Thursday, September 17, 2009

The nature of yummy

Miki and Phio came over this morning for some play and chat. They brought over raspberries and carrot cake.

Gem made lemonade. The kids loved it so much Miki only got a sip and I didn't get any.

The big pot has been simmering a few hours and will simmer for many more.

Maybe it's the approaching Autumn Equinox, maybe it's the burst of fall weather we're having...I am making chicken stock today.

Last night we hosted common meal. Cap made his signature tuna pasta salad. I made braised tofu, summer squash and eggplant (which started off with the most amazing aromatics: leeks, garlic and ginger), a green salad, brownies and peach crisp.

I am about to start Dragon's Way. I am doing the class this time (it starts Monday) and I have intentions of extending the benefits beyond the 6 weeks of the program by continuing to eat the recommended healing foods for a long time.

In a way this means that I will be saying "no" to many foods. But, ultimately it will be about singing a big "yes".

I continue to embrace mid-life. Exercising my will to define how the second half of my life (hopefully) will be lived. I am paring away layers of who I have become that aren't true to who I want to be.

Cheese will always be as yummy as it ever was. But, through deeper healing, I will tune in more to the yummy of a life lived with much less food, and a whole lot of experiencing moments that are balanced, authentic, calm and enriched.

It's going to be interesting. I love food, I love cooking, and I love eating. I am not thinking of this as restriction or as a negative. It's a paradigm shift. A world of of new possibilities awaits.

This little guy needs a new pot! After many months of being an only, a second stem grew and keeps popping out babies. Magical and inspiring, this thing called "life".

3 comments:

JET said...

I'm happy to hear you're going to be taking the Dragon Way class. I'm sure you'll find ways to make the food you eat under the Dragon Way as yummy as the other foods you've eaten. Let the journey continue.

mommychick said...

Congrats on your journey! It sounds wonderful. I'd love to hear more about the Dragon Way. I have no idea what that is. I also feel so much better when I eat more raw food and keep my life simple. I've noticed that I'm much more aware of how my body reacts to certain foods. It's definitely a paradigm shift...I'm also encountering a lot lately! Bring it on:-)

shirley said...

Thanks friends, it starts today... Melody I'll tell you all about it when I see you. But, you may also google TCM World Foundation and find info there.