It feels great to be having an unscheduled weekend.
The kids' room is nearly done. Cap did me a big favor by going out to Ikea last night and picking up a shelving unit which he put together this morning. It looks a bit industrial (it's meant for garages and basements), but it uses the space it inhabits perfectly with shelves and storage from floor to ceiling in a 3 foot wide space.
The Poang chair was on sale so I had him pick one up for me. It's great for knitting in and he's always moving his chair about to work in quiet places in the apartment in the evenings, so I decided to go for it. Mine is red.
The kids and I went to Lila and Pippa's birthday party today. It was mellow. As, usual, the company and food were great. Gem started feeling unwell though and we ended up leaving after a couple of hours. Highlights included handling monarch butterflies with gentle wonder and hearing Lila squeal loudly from the next room, "Mom, Playmobil!", as she opened our gift :-)
I watched The English Patient tonight and thought it was very good. I didn't know Juliette Binoche was in it till I was watching already and was excited. I've always enjoyed her craft and had recently seen her in Dan In Real Life (which was also quite enjoyable in its own right).
Got some knitting time in while watching the movie tonight. I am really digging knitting these days. (These projects need to be kept secret for now. The reveals will come when they can :-)
Tomorrow I start two months of no meat, no gluten and no casein. I need to cleanse and break some habits. Not all habits though, I'm leaving the sugar in.
Planning on spending some time either finishing up the living room or getting started on our room.
Hope you're enjoying the three-day weekend wherever you are.
P.S. Had an issue with iPhoto and my New Hampshire pics. So those are not going to be up for awhile. We're pretty close to buying a new computer with our economic stimulus check. The top contender is the iMac with 24-inch screen. As the kids would say: "Sweet! Sexy!" If and when this happens, my photo storage and organization capabilities will change drastically and it will be so...sweet!
4 comments:
Geez, I just wrote a long note and Blogger gave me an error and didn't keep anything! Now if I can just remember what I had written...
I think I was jealous of your new eating habit. I'm going to be trying to give up as much sugar as possible over the next few months. Mom started a 'contest' where we throw in $100 to lose 10 pounds by Thanksgiving. If you lose the weight you get your money back. If not the others who lost their weight get to split your money. Hopefully, this will be enough of an incentive to get me motivated!
I'm looking at the same 24" Mac computer as you. Except I plan on buying one next year when I get my tax return (hopefully, I'll get a tax return). We have one of these at work and it is sweet! I'm itching to buy now but I also have a few photography items I want to purchase. I need another job just to pay for my hobby!!
I'm off to the beach this morning for the end of the summer cookout. Hard to believe it's back to school already. Thankfully, it's a beautiful weekend so we can enjoy the outdoors as much as possible.
Take care,
jamie
Oh man, I hate when blogger, the computer, the internet connection, etc. does that!!
10 lbs.? I could lose and gain and lose and gain 10 lbs. between now and Thanksgiving many times over. For my body, that's not much. (It's keeping it off that's the hard part for me.)
Yeah, I figured I needed to keep some stuff in, like sugar and eggs, otherwise, I would feel too deprived.
I just scrambled up some eggs with garlic, spinach and broccoli and it was super yummy.
I hope you're having a great day at the beach. We were invited out to the lake with Danielle and co., but I had to say no to continue my decluttering/reorganizing work.
I know about expensive hobbies. I tend to lose control in my local yarn shops. I have quite the "stash", as they are referred to in the knitting realm.
Glad you were able to settle a bit. You guys astonish us with how "on the go" you are. I'd go nuts!!!
It was so good to see you all last week. Sorry I had a meeting.
Mike, my mother and I all saw The English Patient when it was in the theaters. We all have very different tastes and we all thought it was terrible. :) I wonder what I'd think of it now? I'm glad you liked it though.
Are you so excited about the new season of shows? i am!
Very excited.
The Shield starts tonight. That one's bittersweet because it's the last season.
The Office, Heroes, House, I am so there!
Post a Comment