Shame on me for slacking off here.
New Hampshire was a blast. A whirl of delicious food, stunning views, constant cricket song, kids so cozy, and a kickass pond with a rock perfect for jumps.
We stopped in to join Julie, Mike and Cam for dinner on our way home. The next day, Mike D. came for a visit. Our time together was full of sharing, listening, eating, and laughing.
Yesterday was Christmas in August. Cap and I went to see the Sox lose to the Yanks (a picture perfect day for a game, which was, as predicted, quite the pitcher's duel). The kids spent the day with Takai, Lisa and Ellie. My brother took them out for lunch at a kaiten (revolving) sushi place and they swam in the pool at Lisa's mom building (a sweet heated outdoor pool with views of the Manhattan skyline). Later we all met up at P.F. Chang's for dinner.
In between I've been wrestling with a secret knitting project and let's just say it's been an "opportunity for learning and growth". I think (hope) the steepest of learning curves are behind me and look forward to settling in with this project soon.
Off to pick up Cap from the office and to purchase a new vacuum cleaner. The experience of rearranging the nest and the major dustage that ensued has me rethinking our health and habits. Upright vacuum for our predominantly wall-to-wall carpets, here we come. (This is the first place we've lived in that has WTW carpeting---you live and learn, yes you do.)
Pictures soon.
1 comment:
I was just about to email to see how your trip to NH was when I decided to check the blog. It sounds like you had a very nice time- well worth the trip.
Too bad you didn't get to see one of the first two Red Sox/Yankee games. I was really hoping for the sweep!
Take care,
jamie
Post a Comment