Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Pause

Baxter hanging out. The carpet looks so clean to me :-)

Six totes of home made Ben 10 toys. I bought out the store (which was lying in fallow) to get them out of the kids' room. They were taking up way too much shelf space for my rendering of their new and improved room. Our room, in the meantime, remains a walk-in storage facility.

A recent lego creation by Sag.

A recent lego creation by Gem.

My yarn stash. I'm coming clean. That's a lot of yarn.

I'm not buying anymore yarn in 2008 save for the trips here and here I already have planned while I'm in the Bay Area at the end of this month. The second store is in my old stomping grounds and that visit will be rounded out by a burrito from here, no doubt :-)

I've decided not to take a sock class this fall, mostly for financial reasons, but also time. Wendy offered up the gift of walking me through a pair of socks when we visit them between Thanksgiving and Xmas. So, I'll be on the look out for sock yarn while in CA to knit up while in FL :-)

Once I finish my current, mondo, project, I will move onto some smaller ones: two birthday scarves, a hat for Gem, a scarf for Sag, a scarf for Cap, a caliometry for me... All the yarn for those projects already live in the stash.

The new season of House starts tonight!

1 comment:

Julie_c said...

You and I are the same. You with the yarn, me with the fabric. I have great ideas and really, really want to make stuff - but it's so much easier buying some fabric then to find the time to sit down and sew.

But we'll we it all done - won't we! (Wink, wink.)