At 8:30 I was lying in bed scratching Baxter in the dark. The kids were watching Mythbusters in their room and Cap was out at the Write On Sports wrap party. I was very sleepy.
At 9:30 the Red Sox game was on and Cap was tucking the kids in. Baxter was walked and medicated for the night (eye infection = ointment + cone of shame for an hour).
At 10:30 I was playing Candy Crush and otherwise messing around on the laptop. The Red Sox played on and I wondered if we were going to watch Real Time. Cap was asleep on the floor (he denied it, but snores don't lie).
At 11:30 we turned in and Sag climbed into bed with me. I usually send him back to his bed if I am still awake, but I really thought I would drop off to sleep very soon, so I didn't.
At 12:30 I was up in my chair playing Candy Crush.
At 12:45 I downloaded Bubble With Saga to my phone because I am stuck on a level in Candy Crush.
At 2:00 I finally felt sleepy enough to not care about fighting for space in the bed and went to sleep.
* * * * *
I pushed through feeling wrecked this morning. Took the dog out in a cool drizzle, made a quick shopping list, popped a cookie in my mouth, grabbed my bags...and went to the farmer's market with Kelly.
Stocked up on meat and eggs because we'll be away next weekend. Grabbed some kid-friendly veg at Starbrite's stand (carrots and lettuce for Gem, cukes for Sag). Enjoyed the hum of kindred spirits seeking nourishing connection in the rain. And the good mood of the barista at Red Eye. She must have had a good night or good night of sleep!
Last week I went too long without eating on Farmer's market day. Today I did a little better and ate as soon as I put the cold stuff away. Beets, chicken, melon. Yum. I am defrosting some ground sirloin to make the Thai Primal Beef again. That was so tasty. I have zucchini and a red cabbage to cook up today or tomorrow.
I am not sure my mind is alert enough to read today, I hope so. Curling up with a book sounds heavenly about now.
Peace and love.

No comments:
Post a Comment