Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Whole30 :: Day 21

Apologies for the absence.  I lost a day, yesterday, to sleep deprivation.  Didn't fall asleep until 5:30am.  I am still wiped this morning, but take great comfort in having slept nine hours.  We have family coming to stay overnight as they wend their way further south for a funeral.  Between getting ready for their visit, a haircut (will my stylist be able to do her magic on my hot mess of a head of rapidly thinning hair?), and a session with Vinny, today will be busy in very good ways.


I reconnected with a very old friend from the neighborhood.  I dug up this photo I shot of her (she is on the right) to share on Facebook.  It was jarring to remember how far back my interest in photography goes...I took this photo and developed it during high school...thirty years ago!


Over the weekend I spent some time with Donna who is dogsitting Lucy this week.  We sipped coffee while walking in the park and catching up.  The weather has continued its wonderfully near-autumnal arc.  Later in the day we went to see In The Way, Way Back (without the pup).


Morning shot of the kids.  Sag recently bought Animal Crossing and plays it every morning upon waking.


A small, enjoyable moment.  The light, the anticipation of going to see a movie in a theater, these great sandals I wear ridiculously infrequently...just taking a breath and drinking in some beauty.


The second-to-last of last week's veg.  (I have a red cabbage recipe which calls for duck fat and wasn't able to find any at Whole Paycheck...pondering this puzzle.)  The story of this pic is not the lovely zucchini (which I roasted up in the toaster oven and was so delicious I ate all of it in one sitting), but the mixing bowl.  We have this great, colorful set of bowls that were a gift many, many, many years ago.  But, they were so "special" that they rarely got used.  We've opted, instead, to work our plastic OXO mixing bowls down to the bone.  The smaller of our OXO bowls finally cracked the other day after a fall to the floor from a high shelf.  My immediate instinct was to go out and buy another one, but then I remembered we had a perfectly good set of bowls at our disposal.  Going old school/fancy...love it.

Peace and love.

No comments: