The leaf has turned. To the Paleo side. Lunch was roasted rutabaga and sweet potato, haricot vert and baked chicken (in lieu of grilling outdoors). I followed Well Fed's recipe for grilled chicken and it was delicious. The kids liked it, too. I cooked the chicken while working with the kids this morning. Easy.
The fridge is packed with pre-cooked/prepped meal components:
• steam-sautéed red cabbage
• steam-sautéed Brussels sprouts
• steam-sautéed bell peppers (green, red, orange, yellow...I love my colors)
• roasted plum tomatoes
• roasted sweet potato and rutabaga
• steamed haricot vert
• sunshine sauce
• browned ground beef/lamb
• grilled turkey sausage
• baked chicken thighs
I also have a tub of baby spinach and plenty of eggs. Cap is swinging by Trader Joe's tonight and will pick up basil (for a pesto sauce for which I will also need some homemade mayo) and some veg for raw consumption (Persian cukes, grape toms and snap peas).
I think this is going to be too much food. There will be an easing in period of figuring out what (variety and balance) and how much (quantity and perishability). One of the things I am curious to see is which meal components the kids will dis/like. In the meantime, yum.
Had rare-for-me scary dreams last night involving scenes of personal danger. Yuck.
Early morning quiet enabled an hour of listening to a This American Life podcast while practicing Qigong and squatting. Very nice.
Peace and love.
1 comment:
Looks very delicious!
Post a Comment