Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hump day challenge

Stumbling a bit as I try to get my calm on.  One of the kids is either sick again or had not fully kicked whatever was ailing him for 10 days-plus now.  And the other seems right behind him.

Sigh.

We had a winter like this a couple of years ago.  Where we rode a stream of viruses for weeks and weeks.  Cap and I were fine for the most part, and the kids never got intensely sick, but they would pop these little fevers and feel kind of crappy and then it undulated up, down, up, down.

I get motion sick, you know.

We were in the car on our way to gymnastics when the stomachache hit Thing 2.  We turned around, went home, and he got right into bed and slept for an hour. Thing 1's stomach started to hurt a couple of hours later.

I am grateful there's been no vomiting.  And am hopeful that it is not the flu.


I made a yummy batch of sesame kelp noodles this morning, before the day unexpectedly twisted.  The last few hours have been about filling glasses and mugs with Recharge and Chinese tea and making toast.  (Gem claimed he wasn't toast-sick and opted for some baloney between the toast.)

And, for me, having a brief and wondrous meditation while I ate some of the homemade baby back ribs Kelly brought over for me.  Such concentration, such peace.  Thank you, friend.

Here's a fun read about Mrs. Coach, who I completely forgot was in Ed Burns' first movie.

Here's something that I just love love love.


Peace and love.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Sigh. Feel better soon. All of you. Completely and absolutely better.

I loved that article, too, about the 13 yr old baby pictures. Now I want to adopt a teenager lol!

Love to all of you!

shirley said...

Thank you, thank you. Both kids are asleep before 10pm for the second night in a row. In retrospect, I could have hazarded a guess that something was brewing, last night. I am chillaxing in front of the boob tube opening energy gates. All is well, for now. Hugs.

P.S. I could totally see a teenager enfolding him/herself into your family. Absolutely. Yes.

Kelly said...

Oh, I could open energy gates in front of the boob tube, too! I could kick back, and kick forward in front of the boob tube! What the hell is wrong with me that I didn't think of this, when I used to do it all the time lol!

Thanks for the vote of confidence about the teenager. I have my doubts. Lila is already getting a bad reaction from me when she acts like a tween lol!

Feel better today :-)

Love to all of you ...

Anonymous said...

thanks for the C.B. fix. Nice and juicy article! I've been hovering on the brink of overwhelm all week. Trying to keep the back in check. Looking forward to a long weekend. Hope the boys feel better soon. ~B

shirley said...

B I almost sent you the article directly. Glad you caught it here :-) You have been on my mind. Hope the overwhelm doesn't get you! xoxo