I tried another new recipe...Erin's GFCF Sweet Potato Biscuits. The Spinach with Chickpeas were hers, as well. As you can see, they were enjoyed. If Cap had been home that plate would have been empty, no doubt.
When the kids came running into the kitchen for dinner, Gem asked what we were having and what were "those", as Sag asked what "that disgusting smell" was. Sag, like me, has a very sensitive nose. Before I could consciously process an answer for him (I remember distinctly thinking, really? something smells bad? what could it possibly be?), my brain went into intuitive mode.
"Those are biscuits," I proclaimed, "biscuits are a type of bread." Something blocked my usual often bordering on TMI honesty (another trait Sag and I share...see above) and left out the sweet potato part. Nice move, I told my brain. So, the kids didn't know that there was sweet potato in the biscuits. (I think that's what Sag had smelled when he walked in, the sweet potato mash pot that was still on the stove.)
And they loved them.
Sweet.
P.S. As Erin states in her post, the crumb of these biscuits is lovely. And they are light and simultaneously substantial. I thought they were tasty and easy to make (you just have to allow for the extra time of cooking a sweet potato or two...I peeled, cubed and boiled mine, but next time will bake them).
2 comments:
All your baking posts are making me hungry! I'm still at work (7:30pm) and I haven't had dinner :-( I'm sure I'd love a sweet potato biscuit or even better that blueberry muffin looks soooo good!
Yes, sometimes it's better not to tell them what's in it. There are definitely some foods I don't like but if they are mixed in with other things I don't seem to mind. Spinach comes to mind. I don't like spinach by itself but I love the spinach dip your mother-in-law makes :-)
I guess we need to let our taste buds decide first before, our brain jumps to a conclusion.
I wish you were here so I could feed you :-) The blueberry muffins are really good, though full of sugar. 3/4 cup into 12 muffins...yikes.
Funny, I was thinking of making a modified version of Mummu's spinach dip using the spinach and chickpeas leftovers. That is a great dip (and very simple if you ever want the recipe...)
Hope you got home soon and got nourished. xo
Post a Comment