Last night I remembered to write five things I felt grateful for in my Gratitude Journal. I was really tired and almost forgot. It didn't take long, the things I thought of were fairly simple.
This morning, I realized that I slept better than I have in awhile. It took me a bit to fall asleep. And I woke wishing I could catch another 30 minutes, but my younger has a cold and was up and alternately rolling around vigorously on the bed and bouncing up and out of bed to blow his nose.
The most notable and positive quality to my waking? My stomach didn't hurt. Or burn. Or feel tight. And this was after a dinner of eggplant parm and onion rings!
My knowledge is intuitive (though I bet there's some scientific research to back it up)...and I know that the time I spent feeling grateful for some things in my life last night before going to bed changed something in me, something for the better. Whether it was chemical or energetic or mental, it doesn't matter.
Most of us know that experiencing gratitude makes us feel good. What was cool about last night/this morning was realizing how easily we can transport ourselves to experiencing gratitude. And to feeling good.
A sleeping pup at one's feet doesn't hurt either.
2 comments:
That's great that the gratitude journal worked right from the start. I may have to give this a try. I've discovered there's an app for that! That could be one thing I'm grateful for :-)
Sorry, to hear T isn't feeling well. Hope his cold is better soon.
LOL there does really seem to be an app for everything :-)
Thanks for the well wishes. He was quite energetic today, fading a bit now that it's evening.
Post a Comment