Last night was wonderful, interesting, and quiet. Very quiet.
I made burgers for dinner and it was like a most excellent cookout in our own kitchen. I used beef because Cap, the resident non-red meat eater was not there. Seasoned it with salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried minced onion. Sag had his with melted muenster cheese (his cheese of choice) and pink sauce (mayo and ketchup), I had mine with guacamole and mayo. And, the buns? Gluten-y white flour buns from Whole Foods (the exclamation pointed claim on the bag: organic and vegan!, cracked me up) because our GF boy was also away.
It was so quiet while we ate because we were thoroughly enjoying our food. We kept glancing up and smiling at each other. Then, Sag declared that I could open the best fastfood restaurant with these burgers. :-)
After dinner, Sag occupied himself for hours before going to bed. He drew and read and played with his Pokemon cards. At times, I felt adrift, not sure what to do. He was in bed by 9:30 and read till about 11:00. We snuggled for a few minutes and he fell asleep. It was the first time in weeks, maybe months, that he didn't have "bad thoughts" as he tried to fall asleep.
Quiet and peaceful.
Some tidbits:
• watched the first episode of Breaking Bad last night and found it very compelling. "Hal" from Malcolm in the Middle was very believable as a 50 year old family man in crisis across various facets of his life, driven to "break bad", and, make me care. this series takes place in New Mexico and I am assuming it's shot there. I used to want to move to New Mexico...for a long time it was a life dream/goal. it was interesting to see the landscape while watching the episode and alternately finding it beautiful and, for me, unlivable.
• my Dad has booked our Japan tickets. the kids and I will be in Japan for 10 days in February. Cap will be there for a week (the bringer home of the bacon can only be away from work for a week). my Dad is putting together a ceremony commemorating the passing of my grandfather (at the time it will have been seven years). the kids and I will be flying to the Bay area where we will visit with Auntie Barbra and Audrey and whoever else we can manage to see. very excited. deeply happy for the opportunity to travel with the kids.
• the game in Syracuse last night was rained out. they are now on their way to Toronto and should be there soon.
• straightened up the linen closet. the dust bunnies looked alien (a Mars dust-y red). scary. couldn't muster a deep reorg in there because of the heat. the bathroom is the one room I haven't insisted on putting an AC unit into.
• Daniel is over and the kids are watching an Indiana Jones movie. peaceful. except for the mayhem that pops up in the movie every now and again.
• my copy of Clean arrived in the mail yesterday!
1 comment:
It sounds like both you and Sag are getting some nice quality/quiet time.
Too bad the game was rained out. Hopefully, they'll get in the other two games.
Post a Comment