Sunday, May 16, 2010

Walking

Cap and I had some together time today thanks to some friends taking the kids for a few hours.

We drove out to DeKorte Park which is part of the New Jersey Meadowlands. Holly introduced me to this slice of nature heaven, a swath of native ecology that has re/claimed an area surrounded by industry past and present.














The trails I'd walked before were all closed, in need of repair. Somehow, I fear it may be awhile before the funding for repairs comes through.

Nonetheless we drank in the luscious oxygen, that certain tone of muted quiet that envelops the space right by a body of water of certain volume, the endless birdsong and the bottomless green and blue.

We saw tree swallows, an egret, a Baltimore oriole and a small and quick yellow bird. I bowed to the glory of the Rugosa Rose, the dark pink color such a favorite of mine.

It was a wonderful morning for a walk. Breathe in, breathe out.


No comments: